Dear Friends, Clients and Fellow Associates~
This week will be spotlighting the Top Ten Reasons to buy property in Port Royal with its 1,173 acres and its beautiful 3 miles of watefront. Also spotlighted is the Top Ten Reasons to buy property in the 800 acre Shipyard Plantation with its ocean access and central location…enjoy!
- It has great Beach! A major attraction for Shipyard residents, guests and visitors is the community Beach Club on the oceanfront. The Beach Club events include Mens and Womens group, educational events and multiple social gatherings. There is a convenient walkway to the beach, restrooms, showers, and over 400 beach storage lockers that are rented by property owners below the Beach Club.
- It has great security! Shipyard has two gates in two different areas of the Island. Shipyard offers 24 hour security and roaming patrols.
- It has great golf! Three nine-hole golf courses, recognized as some of the best in the country by the Senior PGA Tour, are available to residents and visitors. Shipyard also features a tremendous practice facility.
- It has great neighborhoods! There are two residential neighborhoods that wrap around 27 holes of golf.
- It has a great location. Coligny Plaza is less than one mile and there is easy access to restaurants, stores, banks, movie theaters, a local hardware store, and the the post office.
- It has great bikepaths.Bicycling is very popular in Shipyard, and there are more than twelve miles of bike paths. Along gorgeous lagoons these paths complete the community, making it one of Hilton Head’s most desired communities.
- It has a great Hotel! The Crowne Plaza Hotel adds restaurants, Health Club, lounges and conference facilities. Some of the Residents and Guests favorite dining spots are located at the hotel including Signals, Docker’s, Portz, and Brellas Café.
- It has great Tennis! Shipyard is also home to the Van der Meer Tennis Center. This club has been ranked as one of the countries top twenty- five clubs. Tennis Magazine has dubbed Shipyard Racquet Club, built for Billy Jean King, one of their “50 Greatest Tennis Resorts in America.”
- It has a great master plan. Shipyard was developed with special consideration given to complementing rather than competing with nature. It just feels good as you wind through the community by bike or even in a car.
Shipyard Properties for sale and thier price ranges
Shipyard Homes $343,000 to $769,000
Shipyard Home-sites $269,900 to $399,000
Shipyard Villas $182,900 to $599,000
Port Royal Plantation
- It has a great neighborhoods. Port Royal offers two very distinct neighborhoods. One is completely private and limited to permanent residents and long term rentals. This community offers 900 single family residences. The other neighborhood offers second homes, resort villas and the Westin Hotel.
- It has a great beach. Port Royal stretches over 3 miles of shore line with Atlantic Ocean beach and winds around to the sand covered walking beach of Port Royal Sound.
- It has a great master-plan. The unique Port Royal Plantation has over 1250 acres and 2100 homes with oversized lots.
- It has great security. Completely Private Security Gate with access for owners and their guests(no short term rentals) and a 24-Hour Full Area Coverage by Port Royal Security.
- It has a great waterfront club. Private Port Royal Beach Club offers an olympic sized swimming pool and kids pool overlooking the Port Royal Sound. This recreational facility also offers members club house(for private functions), playground, basketball and beach access.
- It has great history. Once 60,000 union troops lived here and this was also the landing for Captain William Hilton’s discovery. As well, the steam gun and Fort Sherman are remnants left by soldiers during the civil and Spanish American wars.
- It has great tennis. Port Royal Racquet Club offers 16 courts with Clay, Grass and Hard Court Surfaces. No matter where you choose to live, as a tennis player you may want to look at the membership programs offered here. Inside the gates are Four tennis courts, two of which are lit for members and guests.
- It has great golf. Port Royal offers 54 holes of legendary golf nestled within one of Hilton Head Island’s most pristine plantations along the Atlantic coastline. Designed by some of the best golf architects – George Cobb, Pete Dye and William Byrd with the Barony, Planter’s Row, and Robber’s Row.
- It has great Hotel. The Westion Resort, the only 4 star hotel on the Island, provides a health club that locals can join(or day visit), an excellent seafood buffet and fantastic dining choices.
- It has great neighbors. Events include women’s Friday morning coffee, men’s friday lunch group, numerous social clubs, speakers and special holiday events are just a few things that make this community great.
The links below will allow you to visit some great properties in Port Royal.
Port Royal Homes $343,000 to $ 769,000
Port Royal Home sites $325,000 to $2,495,000
Tennis Village Villas $329,000 to $ 799,000
We hope you enjoy these benefit lists. Next week we will hi-lite Long Cove and Folly Field. If you would like a complete ownership package that includes maps and best buys please let us know.
Be sure to visit our website to see all of our great listings(click listing link at the top of the page). We stand ready to open the doors for you anytime on any property in the Low Country.
Thanks to our great sellers and buyers that are working to turn this economy around.
Happy Summer Days on an Island….
Robbie Bunting & Jane Hyers