Dear Friends, Clients and Fellow Associates~
This week will be spotlighting the Top Ten Reasons to buy property in Sea Pines Plantation with its 5,000 oceanfront acres spanning 1/3 of Hilton Head Island. In addition, we will be spotlighting the Top Ten Reasons to buy property in Ward 1 ~ which included Jonesville Road…enjoy and be sure to check in next week for Shipyard and Port Royal Top Ten Reasons to buy!
Sea Pines Plantation
- It has great Beach! Spanning South Beach to South Forest Beach and the ocean gate, you will enjoy the dolphins frolicking, sea birds swooping, pelicans floating, the sand and the waves of one of the prettiest beaches in the world. Sea Pines offers five miles of Atlantic Ocean beach and if you get thirsty as you explore stop at full-service Sea Pines Beach Club and Surfside Grill half way through.
- It has great security! Sea Pines installed Hilton Head Island first security gates in 1967. Security personnel also patrol the plantations streets, and they can (and do) issue tickets fining offenders for the infraction of plantation rules.
- It has great Marinas! Harbour Town Marina is the place to see and be seen with its circular design. Fantastic dining, live music entertainment, unique shopping and every water sport available. Harbour Town has a Gregg Russell Playground and a tree house for children, as well as a nature center. South Beach Village the second marina in the Sea Pines Resort is designed after a New England fishing village and is located at the southernmost tip of Hilton Head Island. Nature tours, dolphin tours, kayaking, and para-sailing are only a handful of the activities available near the home of The Salty Dog Cafe.
- It has great golf! 72 Holes of Golf that is! Sea Pines contains the island’s first golf course, the Ocean Course with its sweeping views of the ocean from the 15th hole. The newly acclaimed Heron Point and the Harbour Town Golf Links which has been home to the PGAs Verizon Heritage Classic since 1969, when it was first won by Arnold Palmer. The Members Only Club Course comes with a membership purchase to the Sea Pines Country Club.
- It has pristine open spaces! 1,300 acres of parks which includes the Forest Preserve which covers approximately 605 acres that meander through lagoons and salt marshes. Here you will find a Wildflower Meadow, a thousand-foot-long boardwalk, the Low Ropes Team Building Course, and miles of bike trails and walking paths. Even fishing is allowed with the correct permit.
- It has great shopping and dining! The resort features 20 different restaurants from casual to elegant such as the Harbor Town Grill. Restaurants, bakeries, cafes, bars and ice cream shops are woven throughout Harbour Town, Sea Pines Center, and South Beach Marina.
- It has great Bike Paths! With over 15 miles of leasure trails which are perfect for walking, biking or in-line skating. These trails wander all through Sea Pines into nature trails, the Baynard Ruins, the beach clubs, the front gate, the communities and the marinas.
- It has cool stables! Lawton Stables is home to 50+ American Saddlebred horses. Lawton Stables not only English riding lessons to residents and visitors, but also pony rides for children and guided tours through Sea Pines incredible natural Forest Preserve.
- It has great Architecture! The look blends 1960′s Modern, California Modern, Japanese Architecture, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Aldbrass house, and the local vernacular style, or “Low Country Architecture” together and it feels good. It is categorized by large overhangs, screen porches, low roof slopes, earth tone colors, and landscape with native plants rather than formal southern plantings. The desired effect is to blend the house into nature rather than to stand out.
- It has great Tennis! With over 100 Tennis Courts and The Sea Pines Racquet Club which boasts 23 clay courts and offers private and semi-private lessons with a center court and all past whispers of past Family Circle Tennis Tournaments.
The great real estate opportunities include:
Homes $349,000 to $8,500,000
Villas $225,000 t0 $2,170,000
Home-sites $194,000 to $3,895,000
Jonesville Road Communities
- It has great water access. Jonesville Road has two partial deep-watercreeks running down each side. On the right is Jarvis Creek with its view of Calibogue Sound and unspoiled Shoreline. On the other side is Old House Creek which is a tidal creek that offers access to the inter-coastal waterways. Both creeks offer boating, crabbing, fishing and exploring. Homeowners along the creek put in docks and boat lifts to enjoy these waters.
- It has a great new communities. The new developments include The Paddocks, Shearwater, Graham Lane The Barn, Wayward Cove and Jonesville. This was the last area to get water on sewer on Hilton Head and it is a place time forgot. It offers a relaxed feeling with architecture that is Southern Vernacular at its best, blurring the lines between indoors and out. Jonesville offers a sanctuary on the Island for a vanishing way of life.
- It has a great location. Convenient to both the South End and the North End of Hilton head Island Jonesville is located off Spanish Wells Road home-sites. Follow Spanish Wells Road to Jonesville Rd. Turn onto Jonesville Rd – The Paddocks is .7 mile on right. Although it’s a secluded refuge, it’s just one minute from the Cross Island Parkway, which puts you close to dining, shopping, schools and beaches.
- It has great fishing and crabbing. The docks for The Barn or the town crabbing dock on Jonesville are a great place to take the kids(grand-kids?) or a special friend to spend an afternoon an hour before or after high tide which is called “slack tide”. All you really need is a chicken neck a string and a net. Get ready to belly laugh when you finally try to get them in the cooler. Oh be sure to bring tongs as you do not want to get pinched! It is easier to let them go!
- It has great stables. The stables of Sandy Creek will take you back in time. It is 8 acres with 32 stalls, tack room, feed room, wash rack, and rest rooms. Residents and guests are greeted by these gentle giants as they spend time in there paddocks. They offer up to one hour trails that loop back through the low country.
- It has great neighbors. The neighbors have either lived here all their life or built a new home and moved here. You will find that these neighbors share their love for the outdoors here. You will see them boating, walking, jumping off a dock, kayaking and biking. Many have moved from the larger communities to discover an intimate lifestyle.
- It has a sunny dirt road. Although Miller Road is the dirt road that connects Spanish Wells and Jonesville, this road is symbolic for the life-style you will find down these roads. It represents a trip through time where neighborhoods flow together like the tides and where nothing is a hurry.
- It has a Hilton Head zipcode. Although this community has a “Bluffton Feel” this community is located on the Island and offers convenience to everything on Hilton Head Island including the beach, shopping and dining.
- It has great natural beauty. The marshes come to life with tree swallows, rails, hawks, crickets and crabs making marsh music throughout the 4 seasons. The sunsets over Jarvis Creek is a long smooth drink of calm and is to be enjoyed on the crabbing dock off Spanish Wells. The homes, communities and natural beauty are to be enjoyed by all. Come visit, you do not need a gate pass.
- It has room to grow. If you are looking for value and bang for your buck, come see these great homes and properties. As new residents move into or build the neighborhood will grow!
Here are the price ranges of all properties in the Jonesville Area:
Home $325,000 to $1,270,000
Home-sites $ 84,000 t0 $1,700,000
Please visit these virtual tours and properties in Jonesville:
We hope you enjoy these benefit lists. If you would like a complete ownership package that includes map and best buys please let us know. Be sure to visit our website to see all of our great listings. We stand ready to open these doors for you anytime. Thanks to our great sellers and buyers that are turning this economy around. Good Job, Good Job!
Happy Summer Days on an Island….
Robbie Bunting & Jane Hyers