Categories: Communities and Areas
Sea Pines Plantation
- It has great Beach! Spanning South Beach to South Forest Beach and the ocean gate, you will enjoy the dolphins frolicking, sea birds swooping, pelicans floating, the sand and the waves of one of the prettiest beaches in the world. Sea Pines offers five miles of Atlantic Ocean beach and if you get thirsty as you explore stop at full-service Sea Pines Beach Club and Surfside Grill half way through.
- It has great security! Sea Pines installed Hilton Head Island first security gates in 1967. Security personnel also patrol the plantations streets, and they can (and do) issue tickets fining offenders for the infraction of plantation rules.
- It has great Marinas! Harbour Town Marina is the place to see and be seen with its circular design. Fantastic dining, live music entertainment, unique shopping and every water sport available. Harbour Town has a Gregg Russell Playground and a tree house for children, as well as a nature center. South Beach Village the second marina in the Sea Pines Resort is designed after a New England fishing village and is located at the southernmost tip of Hilton Head Island. Nature tours, dolphin tours, kayaking, and para-sailing are only a handful of the activities available near the home of The Salty Dog Cafe.
- It has great golf! 72 Holes of Golf that is! Sea Pines contains the island’s first golf course, the Ocean Course with its sweeping views of the ocean from the 15th hole. The newly acclaimed Heron Point and the Harbour Town Golf Links which has been home to the PGAs Verizon Heritage Classic since 1969, when it was first won by Arnold Palmer. The Members Only Club Course comes with a membership purchase to the Sea Pines Country Club.
- It has pristine open spaces! 1,300 acres of parks which includes the Forest Preserve which covers approximately 605 acres that meander through lagoons and salt marshes. Here you will find a Wildflower Meadow, a thousand-foot-long boardwalk, the Low Ropes Team Building Course, and miles of bike trails and walking paths. Even fishing is allowed with the correct permit.
- It has great shopping and dining! The resort features 20 different restaurants from casual to elegant such as the Harbor Town Grill. Restaurants, bakeries, cafes, bars and ice cream shops are woven throughout Harbour Town, Sea Pines Center, and South Beach Marina.
- It has great Bike Paths! With over 15 miles of leasure trails which are perfect for walking, biking or in-line skating. These trails wander all through Sea Pines into nature trails, the Baynard Ruins, the beach clubs, the front gate, the communities and the marinas.
- It has cool stables! Lawton Stables is home to 50+ American Saddlebred horses. Lawton Stables not only English riding lessons to residents and visitors, but also pony rides for children and guided tours through Sea Pines incredible natural Forest Preserve.
- It has great Architecture! The look blends 1960’s Modern, California Modern, Japanese Architecture, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Aldbrass house, and the local vernacular style, or “Low Country Architecture” together and it feels good. It is categorized by large overhangs, screen porches, low roof slopes, earth tone colors, and landscape with native plants rather than formal southern plantings. The desired effect is to blend the house into nature rather than to stand out.
- It has great Tennis! With over 100 Tennis Courts and The Sea Pines Racquet Club which boasts 23 clay courts and offers private and semi-private lessons with a center court and all past whispers of past Family Circle Tennis Tournaments.
Leave a Reply