HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. – Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort has earned acclaim for its world-class amenities, family-friendly atmosphere and commitment to customer service. Editors of widely respected travel, sports and business magazines, as well as the independent online media, are unanimous in lavishing praise this popular 2,000-acre resort on Hilton Head Island. Travel, Sports and Business Media Honor Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort With Numerous Awards include:
- Travel + Leisure Family magazine named Palmetto Dunes the “Number One Family Resort in the World.” Based in New York, Travel + Leisure Family is part of the Travel + Leisure group of publications. Travel + Leisure has nearly 5 million readers. The magazine’s annual reader survey determines who receives its World’s Best Awards each year.
- Forbes Magazine ranked Palmetto Dunes Resort among its Top 10 Family Resorts. “Perfect for Sporty Families,” the magazine declared. The flagship publication of the Forbes business empire, Forbes magazine is one of America’s premier national business publications. Each year, it compiles and publishes a number lists under various topics, including: the Forbes 500, the top 500 companies in the United States; the Forbes 400, a list of the richest people in the United States; and annual lists of billionaires.
- Fodor’s Golf Digest Places to Play ranked all three world-class golf courses at Palmetto Dunes Resorts four stars or higher. The Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront Course, the Arthur Hills Course, and the George Fazio Course were all designed by golfing legends. Each is distinctive in appearance and all are challenging to play. Fodor’s Golf Digest Places to Play contains insightful information and reviews of the courses compiled by some of the 700 writers who collaborate to produce 14 distinct guidebooks encompassing the world-famous Fodor’s Travel Guides.
- The South Carolina Golf Course Ratings Panel named the Arthur Hills Golf Course at Palmetto Dunes one of the “25 Best Golf Courses You Can Play.” The course was one of only two Hilton Head Island golf courses bestowed with this annual honor in 2007.
- Frommer’s The Carolinas and Georgia ranks Palmetto Dunes Resort among the best luxury hotels and resorts in the two coastal states. Palmetto Dunes is one of only a handful of resorts featured year after year.
- Golf Magazine awarded Palmetto Dunes Resort the Silver Medal and named it “One of the Country’s Top 75 Resorts.” Golf Magazine is the game’s most popular publication. It boasts a national circulation of 1.4 and a total monthly audience of nearly 6 million readers. The Golf Magazine Web site, the top online source for reaching golfers, attracts 6.5 million visitors each month.
- Golf For Women magazine recognized the resort as one of the “Top 25 Best Family Golf Resorts” in the country. Golf For Women has a circulation of more than half a million readers, 78 percent of whom are female.
- Tennis Magazine ranked Palmetto Dunes Resort among the “50 Greatest U.S. Tennis Resorts” since 1975. This monthly magazine has been published for more than 40 years. Its online edition has been available through the World Wide Web for a decade.
- Tennis Resorts Online ranked the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center the #5 Tennis Center in the World. The online Web site raves about the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center‘s instructional programs and events as well as its junior tennis program. Tennis Resorts Online is a critical guide to the world’s best tennis resorts and tennis camps compiled by Roger Cox, who has more than 25 years of experience writing about tennis travel.
- The South Carolina Golf Course Owners Association honored the Arthur Hills Golf Course at Palmetto Dunes as the “2009 Course of the Year.” Throughout the years, the Arthur Hills course has hosted a variety of special events for charities including the Celebrity Golf Tournament, the Annual Piggly Wiggly United Way Tournament, and the Week of Champions.
About Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is a 2,000+ acre vacation community ideally located in the middle of Hilton Head Island, S.C. bounded by three miles of prime Atlantic Ocean beach on one side and a beautiful sheltered Intracoastal Waterway marina on the other. The resort features three world-class golf courses, an award-winning tennis center, an 11 mile inland salt-water lagoon system for kayaking and fishing, the impressive Mediterranean-style Shelter Cove Harbour deep-water marina with shopping and dining, and an outdoor adventure center for bike rentals, canoes, kayaks, fishing and much more. The marina is also home to a wide variety of charters including nature cruises, dolphin tours, sport crabbing and fishing. For information about real estate, please contact us at (800)932-3652 or email email@example.com