The Hilton Head real estate market offers opportunities for sellers, buyers and agents to be creative. Some sellers have sweetened the pot by throwing in furnishings, golf carts, boats, seller financing, property trades, accepted time share down payments, purchased home warranties, guaranteed rentals, removed wallpaper, staged homes, offered vacation bonuses and we even had one seller that took in rare gold coins towards their sale. Incentives may be the extra motivation needed to close the sale rather than price.
A few words about Seller Incentives on Hilton Head
If we look closely at the benefits of some of these incentives, a seller may find the opportunity to make the deal more attractive without talking about price and value. Some of these benefits may include:
- Seller Financing ~ Why not offer financing if you own a property free and clear. Where else can you earn 5-7% on your money?
- Furnishings ~ Just how much is used furniture worth? and How much does it cost to move or store it? We have great homes and villas with furnishings that the seller will negotiate.
- Time Share Trade Ins ~ We had a condo owner accept 2 weeks of time share towards their purchase because they still wanted to visit Hilton Head, they just did not use their condo as much.
- Property Trades ~ Some segments of market sell faster today. We had one condo owner accept a smaller condo in trade(less commission) and we sold the trade in before the other closed. We have done this with homes as well taking a small condo towards purchase and selling the condo simultaneously with the home.
- Partnership offers ~ We just listed a great oceanfront home where the seller will take on a partner…we have others too!
- Rare gold coins ~ This one was unusual to say the least, but the seller sold these coins shortly after learning about them.
We love being creative for our Hilton Head Clients