If you have something you would like to add to this list, please let us know. We will be building this list in future and emailing out updates:
Free or almost free on Hilton Head Island and the Low Country:
- Almost free lots in Colleton, Daufuskie, Belfair, Berkeley – We have home sites at some very compelling prices that are almost free. Email us for more details.
- Free Mulch – Call Christine at Sea Pines CSA for a truckload of Mulch for your flower beds. Of course, you may have to wait for delivery(there were 28 loads in front of mine and I have to wait a week or two), but the mulch is free(with the exception of any gate fees). The phone number for the free mulch is (843)671-1343.
- Free Maps of Hilton Head Island, Daufuskie Island, Beaufort, Savannah and Charleston via email. Email us and we will send you our free Island Maps of the area.
- Almost free – with the Dine About Club, you can enjoy a buy one get one free at many of the best restaurants on Hilton Head Island.
- Almost free – Festivals on Hilton Head Island throughout the year!
- Free Fax, computer use and Copiers at my office when you are visiting the Island. We have many clients and customers stop in our office to download documents, print and fax them. Please feel free to call on us when you are on the Island visiting.
- Free Mortgage Review and Credit Report – Our friends at Mortgage Network have offered a free mortgage review with the guru of Mortgage Money David Crowell. They will also offer a free credit report with this office visit.
- Have something you want us to post here? Let us know.
Of course, some of the best things on the Island are free including a walk on the beach, a bike ride on one of the many beach paths and being outdoors in this wonderful weather! Let us know if you have something you would like to add to the list above.
We had a client contact us this week as they were looking at their 2012 financial planning and were interested in our outlook for their Hilton Head Property. We love to help our clients review their real estate values anytime of the year, but at this time of year this is especially important as you plan your year ahead. Our market research includes reviewing the broad market and the specific market areas and coming up with a summary of each together and separate. Through our research we will look what the trend line for property values based on the most recent information available and what amount of inventory exists in current active listings including the lurking shadow inventory(if applicable). Some of the tools we use in our valuations include our Monthly Market Trend Reports , Hilton Head Housing Supply Overview and Current Comparable MLS Inventories.
Market Research you can count on!
If you own property and want to get a valuation for your property(selling is not a requirement), please email me at email@example.com or call me anytime on my direct line at (843)842-0803. We will return this market study with a full copy of our report to you within 7 days of your request. Thank you.
Exercise is on everyone’s mind especially right now after hitting the Thanksgiving speed bump last week. Fortunately we live on Hilton Head Island and have everything we need. With 230 days of average sunshine, subtropical winter temperatures from 49 – 63 degrees and natural beauty surrounding us, we really are lucky. Listed below are just some of the amenities we have available to those that want to get into condition in the days ahead. All you need to do is believe, take the first step outdoors and keep the motion going. Read the rest of this entry
Happy Holidays from Hilton Head Island. We appreciate you and are thankful for our relationship. There are some wonderful events during the holidays and throughout the year and you will always find updates by visiting our blog and typing “calendar” in the search. Have a wonderful Holiday and the best of New Years!
Read the rest of this entry
Listed below are some great ideas and restaurants for your Thanksgiving Day Feast on Hilton Head Island. Whether take out, buffet or sit down we have listed some of our favorites. This list was put together by a friend after polling agents on the Island for their suggestions. We will update this every year, so please feel free to share with us any additions or comments.
Read the rest of this entry
Forest Beach on Hilton Head Island in one of the oldest and most established communities in the area. This Hilton Head neighborhood consists of North and South Forest Beach real estate areas, which offer convienent access to the beautful pristine beaches. A lot of the Hilton Head neighborhoods are gated and private; however, Forest Beach makes it easy for you and guests to come and go as you please. Forest Beach homes for sale are in a prime location with beach access and breathtaking views.
Read the rest of this entry
Tax time is here again, and for those who purchased in 2010, this is your opportunity to appeal. Your appeal must be filed by the end of 2011. The good news is that even if you purchased in 2008 or 2009 you can still appeal. Like the 2010 purchaser, the 2008 and 2009 appeals may only appeal with transfers that occur in the year of purchase and no transactions after the year of purchase may be used as a basis. Unfortunately, if the property was acquired before January of 2008 the chance of a successful appeal is minimized. Realtors ® did make some positive strides in 2011 to change the 2006 Point of Sale tax code but the change only benefits 2011 purchases and only those assessed at the 6% rate or commercial properties. In a nutshell, if the property had been acquired after 2002, the chance of benefiting by this law is minimized because the purchase price less 25% cannot be below the property’s Fair Market Value of record. Read the rest of this entry
Equitable Property Management on Hilton Head has been managing single family homes, villas, and apartments for the last 9 years, and never has there been such shortage of available properties as now. The demand for single family homes and town homes is at it’s peak right now. Potential renters are looking for properties in good condition for “reasonable” rental rates between $1000 – $2000 per month. Read the rest of this entry