Forest Beach on Hilton Head Island in one of the oldest and most established communities in the area. This Hilton Head neighborhood consists of North and South Forest Beach real estate areas, which offer convienent access to the beautful pristine beaches. A lot of the Hilton Head neighborhoods are gated and private; however, Forest Beach makes it easy for you and guests to come and go as you please. Forest Beach homes for sale are in a prime location with beach access and breathtaking views.
Top Ten Reasons to see North and South Forest Beach
- It has a great beach. Forest Beach features three miles of sandy beaches reaching from the Sea Pines Resort ocean gate to the Crown Plaza Resort in Shipyard Plantation.
- It offers great neightborhoods. Forest Beach offers two neighborhoods which include North Forest Beach a 1.5 mile stretch from Coligny Circle to Shipyard and South Forest Beach which stretches 1.5 miles form Sea Pines Gate to Coligny Circle
- It has a great blend of residential and resort properties. North and South Forest Beach offer waterfront hotels, inns, villas and quiet residential neighborhoods.
- It has a beach feeling. Forest Beach homes range from older quaint beach homes to new beachfront manors. Many longtime Forest Beach homeowners have renovated and updated existing older homes to quaint seaside cottages.
- It is a great beach town. Forest Beach has been referred to as “downtown Hilton Head” because it is in the heart of the Islands Beach with dining, shopping and beach in one central area.
- It has a great shopping. The Coligny Area offers over 60+ shops and 50+ restaurants. It is named after the Admiral Gaspar de Coligny, a French admiral who led two excursions to our shores in the late 1500’s. It also features the Beach Market, Heritage Plaza and several others.
- It has great tennis. The Van Der Meer Tennis Center is located in the heart of South Forest Beach with 17 hard courts and 4 covered and lit courts.
- It has great bike paths. Forest Beach offers bike paths weaving throughout the communities and into great shopping, dining and the beach.
- It has a great beach park. The Newest Oceanfront Beach Park is located at Coligny Circle at Pope Avenue and South Forest Beach Drive. This is Hilton Head island’s most popular beach. There are volleyball nets and a bar located just off the beach at the Holiday Inn. There are rest rooms, changing rooms, water fountains, sand showers, a playground, and other amenities. This beach is also wheelchair accessible. Parking is available at the town parking lot behind the Smokehouse restaurant.
- It has a great community feeling. Forest Beach is a beach community located on the southern end of Hilton Head Island and is a wonderful place to live or visit.
Search Forest Beach Real Estate For Sale on the MLS