While no one has a crystal ball, the current Hilton Head Real Estate Market offers sellers some excellent opportunities this year. There is no reason to kick the ball down the street and wait until next year to sell. In fact, if you are listed for sale and or thinking of selling, you may want to consider these selling reasons in 2012.
Read the rest of this entry
Flood Insurance ~ Hilton Head Island, SC
Flood insurance coverage is purchased separately from homeowner’s coverage. The primary flood insurance comes from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) which is underwritten by our Federal Government and administered by FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The maximum limits of primary flood coverage available in the Hilton Head Area is $250,000 coverage for a building and $100,000 coverage for its eligible contents(typically no more than $365 per year for maximum coverage). Flood insurance is a low cost way to secure coverage to repair or replace improved and personal property if they are damaged by flooding.
Good News Flood Insurance Extension
The U.S. Senate has passed a 60-day extension of the National Flood Insurance Program, avoiding a lapse in coverage due to expire May 31. While this is temporary good news, the National Association of REALTORS® is firmly committed to working with Congress to pass a 5-year extension of the program.
We have a guy that likes to buy short sale homes and villas. Properties that are upside down means you owe more than your property is worth. This is a cash buyer. If you need to move fast, or behind in payments, near foreclosure or bankruptcy, you may not have to hope and pray for someone to come along to solve your problem.
This guy is buying upside down homes and villas.
It will cost nothing to sit down and learn the short sale process and see if your property fits his criteria. You have nothing to lose. My direct line is (843)842-0805. If your property is not currently listed, we will meet together with our buyer to see if this meets the type of property he is looking for. Thank you.
We come across monthly or annual rentals from time to time and would like to pass these on to anyone that is looking for a long term(greater than a week) type rental. If you are interested let us know, if you have a property and want us to add it to the list just email us Thank you.
A list of available Long Term Rentals on Hilton Head from our friends at Miller Long Term Rentals.
Palmetto Dunes Home
Fun home with private pool all on one level. This rental is available from October until May. If more than one month $1900. per month but on a monthly basis $2000.00 . (Summer Weekly rentals from $1450).
Let us know if you have a property and we will add it to the list above. Thank you
Nothing better…Memorial Weekend Island Style. We have some great outdoor events planned for the weekend including an art festival and paying honor to our fallen veterans on Memorial Day. Join us on Hilton Head Island for Memorial Weekend!
Read the rest of this entry
Thanks to all those that have sent referrals recently. We have sent out the information below to your friends and family and will keep you posted on their interest. If you would like to save $1,000 big ones on your next transaction with us and have not sent in your 5 names and emails, take a minute now and send us your favorite 5! We will send the coupon to you and your friends as a thank you!
Read the rest of this entry
Come out at 10:30 on Monday May 28, 2012 at Veterans Memorial Park in Shelter Cove(behind the mall), there will be a Memorial Day Observance presented by the Navy League. In 1971, Congress declared Memorial Day a national holiday to be celebrated the last Monday in May. Today, Memorial Day is celebrated at Arlington National Cemetery, as a small American flag is placed on each grave. The president or vice-president also usually lays a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
What every Hilton Head Buyer Should do…
- Call Your Realtor or contact us and let us set you up on a FREE MLS Link. This link will email automatically new listings and price adjustments in real time as they hit the market. The best properties do not stay on the market long, this link will be sent to you and if you see one that matches your needs now or in the future…
- Call YOUR realtor if you see a great property on your MLS LINK(here is a copy of my MLS Link for short sale homes). Do not email them, do not wait for tomorrow. If it is a great property that has captured your attention, chances are it will capture other buyers attention.
- Call a lender and get pre-approved or get a proof of funds from your bank so you will be ready to go when you see the perfect property. Pre-approvals and Cash talks and beat offers that have financing contingencies
- Ask your realtor to send you a sample-contract so you can be familiar with the addendums and the contract. Ask them to include a property inspection addendum, a HUD estimate, a buyer-agency and a sample-disclosure.
- Gather Market Trends April 2012. There are trends in every real estate market. These trends can help you save money and can also make sure you get the property.
- Let your agent help you with the negotiations. If you are working with a seasoned agent, they will be able to help you put together very complicated deals that help you win!
This came across our email for any rental property owners looking for some furnishings for the coming season….