I love Hilton Head at this time of year. The pace is slower, the properties are better and the negotiations more relaxed. If you are a seller, there are steps that we can take to close out your property by year end. If you are a buyer there are present opportunities that are available now that will be gone come the new year. Listed below are some of the benefits for both sellers and buyers to take action now. Of course, we would like to be your real estate agent that assists and provides the important market research that can help you save money.
Buyers…Buy Hilton Head Property before end of year!
- Interest Rates are at historic lows ~ For every 1% increase, buyers lose 10% of their buying power!
- Prices are low across the board after 3 years of correction…next year???
- Some of the best properties are currently available, they are not spotted bananas
- Sellers are more motivated to close out by year end to move on and are ready for closure
- The longer the hold the better the deal with these present interest rates
- Banks are paying 1% on your money, why not buy land on an Island that is 97% developed?
- It is easier to get the property ready and into a rental program for next years rental season
- You can deduct your equity costs and property taxes on your income tax return if you close by December 31, 2012.
- The moving and closing process can be easier in the off season on Hilton Head Island
- We have buyers buying property…next year???
- We know what the capital gains taxes are this year….next year???
- There are less properties for sale right now…next year???
- We know who is in office and the tax laws…next year???
- Properties are easier to access and look their best during the Holidays
- More serious qualified buyers look during the off season on Hilton Head Island.
- Investors purchase real estate in the off season and are motivated to close by December 31, 2012
- The internet has created an off season market for real estate on Hilton Head Island
The weather is here, you should be too!