- Hilton Head is easy to get to and from! A client told me the other day told that they were looking at places far away, but came back to Hilton Head Island because they would use it more. I am sure there is a point of diminishing return when you factor distance to use. Click here to read driving distances to Hilton Head from many cities. On top of that, with two convenient airports, Hilton Head Island is one of the easiest Island’s to travel to or from.
- Hilton Head’s weather is subtropical! The Island is kept warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer by ocean breezes over the warm sea(that is why you see people swimming in the ocean in January). In fact, our moderate winter days are typically warmer than other inland southern cities. Winter months offer sub tropical temperatures that are perfect for snowbirds or vacationers looking for a warm weather escape.
- Hilton Head is surrounded by beauty and amenities! With 53 miles of bike pathways, 12 miles of beaches, 24 Championship Golf Courses, 260 + tennis courts , Chaplan Park, Crossings Park, 1300 acres of land owned parks, some of the best things about living on Hilton Head Island is the natural beauty that we never take for granted.
- Hilton Head offers small town living with big city benefits! Hilton Head Island’s year round population is just under 40,000, but the Island offers incredible restaurants, a great hospital, airport, library, sensational shopping, fabulous grocery stores and even a PGA golf tournament.
- Hilton Head is in the center of everything! Hilton Head is located in the geographic center of Beaufort, Savannah, and Charleston. These historical cities are easy day trips from Hilton Head Island. As well, living on an Island that is 5 miles x 12 miles, one is never far from anything.
- Hilton Head has happy people living here! Hilton Head is a lifestyle choice as very few are ever transferred to the Island for their work. That and over 200+ days of sunshine really make Islanders a very happy bunch. They say hello when they are out and even may waive when they drive by.
- Hilton Head has great festivals and events! The Island festivals include Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter events that make Island living fun. You can also visit the chamber’s festival calendar to see what is going on anytime of the year.
- Hilton Head appeals to all! Great schools attract the families, warm weather and great amenties attract the retiree and second home owner and for the professional(doctors, teachers and business) Hilton Head offers a high quality lifestyle near the beach.
- Hilton Head is a limited finite resource. It an Island that is 97% developed. We’re not sure how long the seats will last, but right now you can buy awesome real estate on Hilton Head Island. Whether it’s a villa, home or a homesite for someday, you can find paradise. Give me a call at (843)785-7111 ext. 1 or send me an email and I will send you some ideas.
- Hilton Head still offers the best things for free(or almost free) Soaking up sun on the beach, enjoying a sunset over the water, paddling a kayak, a rusty bike ride, a dip in the ocean, sitting under a moss covered oak, counting the stars and enjoying the colors in the October sky, walking the beach are all of the best reasons to live on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
According to a recent report from real estate data provider CoreLogic, U.S. home price gains are slowing down, despite an increase during the month of August.
This is great news for home buyers because it means that you have a fantastic opportunity to get a reasonable price on your next home before prices continue to rise!
What Every Home Buyer Should Know About Recent US Housing Market Activity
CoreLogic reported that home prices increased 6.4 percent in August when compared to last year.
Still, that figure is actually down slightly from the annual gain of 6.8 percent in July.
Here’s what else the recent housing market report revealed:
- The increase in home prices is also down when compared to how much they had been rising toward the end of last year. During that time, prices were rising as much as 12 percent.
- Home sales have been mostly stable throughout 2014, as have price gains.
- All states showed home price gains during the month of August, save for Arkansas where prices were stagnate.
- Home values rose 11.1 percent in Michigan, which led the pack. And values in California and Nevada came in second place with 9.2 percent.
- In terms of specific cities, the Houston area saw home values increase 11.1 percent compared to the previous year. Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas and Riverside also saw large gains.
- Home prices nationwide remain about 12.1 percent below their peak average in April 2006.
- Home purchases decreased 1.8 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.05 million in August.
- Home sales decreased from a July rate of 5.14 million.
- Meanwhile, the pace of home sales dropped 5.3 percent year-over-year.
- Experts say that an annual sales rate of 5.5 million is considered a healthy market.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price has increased 4.8 percent over the last 12 months to $219,800, although that average dropped slightly during the month of August when compared to July and June.
Experts say that most of any uptick in sales activity (and thus, values) on the national housing market would depend on wage growth. That’s because wages are currently neck-in-neck with inflation, making it hard for home buyers to increase in buying power.
Still, there’s hope on the horizon:
Although hourly wages have only increased 2.3 percent over the last 12 months, there are signs that that activity will pick up in 2015.
Use Recent Activity on the National Housing Market to Your Advantage
As you can see, the market has stabilized itself enough where you could purchase a home and get a pretty good return on your investment as values eventually continue to rise.
So if you’re thinking about investing in real estate anytime soon, now is the time to do so!
And be sure to check back here soon as we continue to discuss with you important real estate trends that impact you!
Now is the time to take advantage of low interest rates, low home prices and an excellent long term rental market to help defray the carrying costs, even though you are not planning to move for a few years. This is a trend that is happening now on Hilton Head.
If you would like to discuss the prospects of buying and renting a home on Hilton Head Island or the Bluffton area, please call our office as we would be happy to explain the long term rental market.
Please click Long Term Rentals on Hilton Head Island for a list of Octobers Long Term Rentals. Thank you.
Gerry Ferrara, Property Manager
Miller Long Term Rentals Inc.
4 Dunmore Court, Bldg. A, Suite 100
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
843-682-4310, Fax 843-682-4316
Villas in the Hilton Head Area come in all shapes and sizes. Their locations vary as do their prices from $40,000 to almost $3 million. The benefits of ownership can include logical reasons including possible tax deductions, rental income and potential appreciation. Listed below however, are the real reasons to own a villa on Hilton Head Island. Read the rest of this entry
Custom built. This big beautiful home includes three car garage with a private pool and deepwater dock in the backyard. Features include crown moldings, family room, six bedrooms, big closets, office, covered patio, sundeck, circular staircase, spectacular custom kitchen, 3rd floor playroom and big master suite. Wexford offers world class golf, a lock system, marina and tennis within a private gated community on Hilton Head Island. Over 7,000 htd, offered at $1,799,000.00
Bluffton, The Last True Coastal Village Of The South
Nestled in the southern tip of South Carolina, just over the bridge from Hilton Head Island, SC and 20 miles northeast of Savannah, GA, Bluffton is easily accessible from Intrastate Highways 46, 170, 287 and Interstate 95. The area of Bluffton offers a small town feel while its location adjacent to Hilton Head Island provides luxury amenities, fine dining, shopping, and sub tropical temperatures. The natural landscape and pristine environment meshes perfectly with the great cultural pride of Bluffton residents.
Old Towne Bluffton
Until recently, Bluffton was a town of one square mile, but as Hilton Head Island grew and expanded, Bluffton began to benefit as well with the growing number of people wanting to be near Hilton Head Island, but still enjoy the closeness and charm of a small town. Bluffton currently covers about 35 square miles of land. The original one square mile is now known as “Old Town”, and is the area where most of the historical preservation, landmarks, and tours take place. Many newer neighborhoods with shopping, dining, golf, parks, recreation, and commercial businesses have been popping up in the last few years, but the small town feel of the original Bluffton is still preserved and maintained through careful city planning.
Featured Communities of Bluffton
Homes $180,000 – $324,900
Welcome Home To Bluffton, SC
When you are ready to make your dream a reality, feel free to search Bluffton homes for sale, browse Bluffton communities and neighborhoods and request a . To learn even more about the Bluffton, SC area, simply contact me, Robbie Bunting, your expert Bluffton real estate agent.
Evidently, during the month of August, national home sales reached their highest levels in more than six years, according to a recent report from the Commerce Department.
This is incredible! That means that sales activity has returned to the levels it was pre-bubble burst. And this spells great success for anyone interested in listing their home on the market.
A Closer Look at US Home Data
According to Commerce Department figures, new home sales jumped 18 percent to a 504,000 annualized rate, which is the strongest it’s been since May 2008.
Not only that, but this rate is even higher than the highest forecast made by a Bloomberg survey of economists.
This one-month increase shattered a 22-year record. That’s because the last time the US housing market saw a one-month increase this big was 1992.
Here’s what else the Commerce Department revealed in its report:
- Economists surveyed in the Bloomberg report said the pace would increase between 405,000 and 455,000.
- The median forecast of 74 economists was that the pace would increase 430,000.
- The median sales price of a new house increased 8 percent year over year in August, to $275,600
- Home purchases increased in three of four U.S. regions. The West led the group with a 50 percent jump.
- The housing inventory (given the current sales rate) dropped to 4.8 months from 5.6 months in July.
- There were 203,000 new houses on the market at the end of August.
- Existing home sales decreased 1.8 percent to a 5.05 million annual pace last month. This occurred after existing home sales reached a 10-month high of 5.14 million in July.
- Housing starts decreased 14.4 percent to a 956,000 annualized rate. This occurred after July’s 1.12 million pace was the strongest it’s been since November 2007.
Canada Home Sales See Encouraging Numbers as Well
- Canadian national home sales increased 1.8 percent from July to August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity were 2.1 percent above August 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes decreased 1.2 percent between July to August.
- The MLS Home Price Index increased 5.3 percent in August when compared to last year.
- The national average sale price also increased 5.3 percent in August when compared to last year.
Moving The US Real Estate Market Forward
Experts say that the housing market has been growing in fits and starts but that steady growth is what will be needed in the long-term to effectively stabilize the market.
Still, home sellers can be encouraged by these recent numbers as they do demonstrate that the market is headed in the right direction!
Check back here soon as we continue to watch the housing market, looking for trends that impact you as home buyers and sellers.
As summer comes to an end, this is the perfect time to shop and compare rental companies. We are pleased to introduce, HiltonHeadPropertiesRandR.com. Darcey Sundling, Property Manager/Principal can help a property owner achieve their properties full rental potential and has put some together some excellent programs including the “Allegiance Program” for local REALTORS. Read the rest of this entry
The delinquent tax sale for Beaufort County is always the first Monday of October. The sale will include properties on Hilton Head, Daufuskie, Bluffton and other locations in Beaufort County. Information can be found on the counties website for more information about the process(or click on the short video to the right, our phone number has changed to (843)785-7111 or Robbie@robbiebunting.com). Thank you.